We are Ginger Payments, an Amsterdam based Payments-as-a-Service platform scale-up that empowers financial service providers to run their own omni-channel payments solution. The platform is ideal for Banks, Payment Service Providers, Payment Facilitators, and other value added service providers keen on enabling merchants business growth. Btw, Ginger is part of the European fintech software company Ximedes.
About the role
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative for the European region, who – in close corporation with both Marketing and Sales executives – is responsible for identifying, and developing Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) within the various territories at the highest velocity possible. Your starting points are the inbound Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) generated by Marketing, guidelines from Sales, cross-sell opportunities with existing customers spotted by Customer Success Management, as well the outbound MQLs generated by yourself. You report to the Customer Revenue Officer (CRO). Preferred location is the Amsterdam HQ.
About the team
The Ginger commercial teams work collaboratively towards big-picture goals, build strong relationships with customers, other teams, and create an inclusive environment that empowers talented people to thrive and grow. The awesome thing about running our Ginger SaaS business is that we don’t need to have everyone in the same office. Instead we build an international team and forget all about borders, time zones, and language barriers. We are collaborating with professionals all around Europe, focusing on bringing people under the same mission. If you believe the role of SDR fits with your ambitions, skills and experience, the following is for you!
What you will do
As SDR you are the engine of the commercial process. You identify and nurture potential customers (prospecting) within a region or market segment. Prospecting within Ginger is a mix of cold or warm outreach. Cold outreach starts with researching prospects and, when marketing qualified, retrieve contact information, do desk research, and reach-out. Warm outreach is done on marketing qualified leads (MQLs) coming through relations, campaigns, events, social media and the website. With your feel and gained expertise in both platform sales and payments, your enthusiasm and conversation skills, you figure out if leads are qualified buyers or just ‘browsing’. While identifying prospects’ needs, you educate them how Ginger can impact their business and strategies. If deemed sales qualified, you provoke a decision maker into action, such as meeting with an Sales Executive or attending a Ginger event.
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Laptop of your choice
- Budget for conferences and training
- Office easily reachable by public transport
- Frequent company and team outings
Core skills you master
- Build and structure call lists (LI Sales Nav, Dux-Soup, Lusha, etc)
- Conduct structured and methodological prospecting (Winning-by-Design)
- Create outbound sequences and workflows in CRM (Hubspot)
- Communicate effectively (call/email/video call/voicemails)
- Diagnose and Qualify (situation, pain/gains)
- Presenting impactful (storytelling/provoking dialogues/demo)
- Overcome objections (and rejections)
- Your education & expertise
- Higher professional education (Commercial, Business-IT)
- SPIN selling, Challenger Sales, SDR
- Multilingual: English, German, preferably French
Your background & experience
- 3+ years SaaS SDR, of which 2+ years in tech